It's Big Mouth News Time! So Let's Get Into It....

Here you will find Celebrity stories, Internet aka Viral stories, or just hot button topics in general given with my own brand of wisdom, flavor, and my truth. This is just a written extension of my YouTube channel. BE WARNED: I will not always be nice in my blogs but what I say is my truth and things that need to be said and heard! So Pay Attention People, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Rumor Mill: Is Drake Leaving YMCMB? Hmm...I Doubt It!


Well rumors about Drake leaving YMCMB have been circulating since he first signed to the record label. Everything from his money to his contract negotiations was gossiped and speculated about. Many reports claiming many things but nothing rang with any truth. Drake is often asked about his tenure in the YMCMB camp and he always responds with something along the lines of he and Lil Wayne are good friends and he's happy being apart of the record label or he dodges the question.

The rumors are swirling again about Drake leaving YMCMB. Nicki Minaj was on the phone with Flex at 97FM to originally discuss the DJ Khaled proposal incident. During the interview she was asked to address the rumors of Drake leaving and here's what she said:


“Drake is my baby. Whatever’s going on now, obviously, we’re all very busy. Sh*t happens. It gets hard to have a real connection when people are on different sides of the world. You never know what people have in their ear. Drake is my baby and Wayne is my everything.”




Check out the Interview Here:



Drake hasn't confirmed or denied anything and neither has Nicki. I remember when Nicki had her mini special on E! and Lil Wayne was talking to her about not being able to be to spend time with her or Drake. Seriously go to YouTube and find the clips or go to E! you'll see that he says it kind of coded but it was clear he was talking about Drake. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how this develops!




What do I think? Well....

Okay let's be real here, Drake wouldn't have much of a career in music if Lil Wayne hadn't taken a chance on him. I may not be a Lil Wayne fan but I can give props where props are due. Because of him several rappers like Tyga, Drake, Nicki Minaj have become household names. He's very savvy and thoroughly understands his field of music. He may be rough around the edges or rather HOOD but you can't deny that he is an intelligent man that knows what his audience wants and how to present it to them. 

Having said that it really doesn't matter if Drake leaves or not. Drake has the talent and he's good at what he does. It wasn't like every single he came out with had to have Lil Wayne on it in order to do well. Drake is an artist in his own right and him leaving the label for another may not be a bad idea. It all depends on the label he goes to or if he decides to start his own.

Drake is a multi-talented artist. He can act (which is what he did by trade originally i.e. Degrassi a canadian teen TV Show that comes on Teen Nick), he can rap/rhyme, and he can sing (somewhat, but he really tries at it lol). Anyway I see nothing wrong with him leaving YMCMB if thats what he wants to do. But if it were me I don't think I would. If its a money situation then I would most definitely renegotiate my contract to better suit me. If not then I think working it out as adults would be the best option. However I'm not knocking other record companies. You got Sony, Roc Nation, WMG, Atlantic, and the list goes on and on. Ultimately its Drake's decision but I doubt if he leaves YMCMB.




I hope Drake makes a smart decision be it leaving YMCMB or staying. Either way I wish you luck Drake.

By the way this is all ALLEGED! Drake may never address these rumors. Because he may be tired of them. I'm just giving my opinion on what I'm reading, that is all! Tell me what you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment