It's Big Mouth News Time! So Let's Get Into It....

Here you will find Celebrity stories, Internet aka Viral stories, or just hot button topics in general given with my own brand of wisdom, flavor, and my truth. This is just a written extension of my YouTube channel. BE WARNED: I will not always be nice in my blogs but what I say is my truth and things that need to be said and heard! So Pay Attention People, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

In Legal News: The Paula Deen Saga...The TRUTH...Research, READING IS KEY!



Paula Deen is being accused of being a racist. She has been dropped from every endorsement deal she has had. Its really sad. This whole situation started because of a lawsuit that began in 2012. A disgruntled employee had filed a complaint against Paula Deen and her brother Bubba. She (meaning the employee) claimed she was sexually harassed and discriminated against.

I've read all the claims that have been said about her through every social media outlet, blogger site, and news. Here's one from HelloBeautiful.com:

This statement is completely false. It was not said like this at all.
“The whole entire waiter staff was middle-aged black men, and they had on beautiful white jackets with a black bow tie. I mean, it was really impressive. That restaurant represented a certain era in America… after the Civil War, during the Civil War, before the Civil War… It was not only black men, it was black women… I would say they were slaves.”
The southern wedding bit also false!

 “What I would really like is a bunch of little n******s to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties. You know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around. Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn’t it?” “It’s just what they are — they’re jokes…most jokes are about Jewish people, rednecks, black folks…I can’t determine what offends another person.” “I think black people feel the same prejudice that white people do.” 
This quote is wrong! This absolutely bogus. Its not what she said. Here is an excerpt from her deposition, what she really said:
The deposition Deen gave on May 17, taken by Atlanta attorney Matthew Billips and filed June 17, was in preparation for trial of the Jackson case before U.S. District Judge William T. Moore Jr.
“Have you ever used the ‘N’ word yourself?” Billips asked.
“Yes, of course,” Deen responded, referring to the fact it happened in reference to a black man who put a gun to her head during a bank robbery where she worked.
“Have you used it since then?”
“I’m sure I have, but it’s been a very long time.”
There is no time frame associated with the response.
“Miss Deen, have you ever told racial jokes?”
“No, not racial.”
Deen went on to say the “N” word is not one she used as time passed.
“Things have changed since the ’60s in the South,” she said. “And my children and my brother object to that word being used in any cruel or mean behavior.”
In another exchange, Deen discussed jokes targeting groups, conceding that “most jokes target. ... They usually target, though, a group. Gays or straights, black, redneck, you know. ... I can’t determine what offends another person.”
“And would you consider telling jokes, racial jokes, to be an example of using the ‘N’ word in a way that’s not mean?
“No I wouldn’t — I wouldn’t tell it. ... I mean, that’s not my style.”
Later in the deposition, Deen was questioned about plans for her brother’s wedding and a restaurant she and her husband visited in “Tennessee or North Carolina or somewhere.”
“The whole entire wait staff was middle-aged black men and they had on beautiful white jackets with a black bow tie. I mean it was really impressive.
“And I remember saying I would love to have servers like that, I said, but I would be afraid that somebody would misinterpret.”
She told Billips she would use the word “black” to describe the race of what she called “professional black men doing a fabulous job,” adding, “I don’t usually use African-Americans.”
She went on to testify she had said, “I would love for Bubba to experience a real Southern-style wedding,” referring to the food. Deen denied using the word “n---” to describe the servers.
“Before the Civil War, those black men and women who were waiting on white people were slaves, right?” Billips asked.
“Yes, I would say that they were slaves,” she responded. “But I did not mean anything derogatory by saying I loved their look and their professionalism.”
“Is there any possibility, in your mind, that you slipped and used the word ‘n-----’?”
“No, because that’s not what these men were. They were professional black men doing a fabulous job,” she responded.
When asked about racial harassment, Deen said she thought she would recognize it and said, “We don’t tolerate that.”

Don't believe me read the deposition your self. You have to research everything now a days. Here's the Paula Deen deposition:


Before you judge please do your research. The media is completely wrong. This quote seen above consistently reprinted by many other blogger sites including the listed HelloBeautiful.com is a compilation of words that were used during the deposition but they are being misinterpreted and pieced together to make Paula Deen appear to be racist. That is not what she said at all. If you don't believe me read the deposition in full you will see that this quote is a compilations of questions and answers by the attorney and Paula Deen. They are not her full statements given during her time on the witness stand or what she has said throughout her time as a public figure. With all the controversy surrounding Paula Deen she was dropped from the Food Network one day after her public apology (which by the way I didn't think she needed to do). She was also dropped by Wal-Mart (they no longer want to carry her products) and her Smithfield Ham endorsement deal has also been killed. All this happened within a week of the rumors surfacing about Paula Deen. Her children have rallied for her and they have also been crucified for defending her. I think they were damned if do and damned if they don't. She defended herself and people are still saying "Oh your apology is baseless and not sincere at all." When her children Jamie and Bobby stepped up to defend her people called it a stunt and chastised the boys, including that gossipy queen Wendy Williams. She said that they did more damage to their mother by speaking out. Not to mention the day before she said that the kids have to step up and be responsible for the parents when things like this happen. So like I said the Deen's would have been damned if they did or damned if they didn't.


I did not watch her interview with Matt Lauer I saw pieces of it from some of the news channels. She was being sincere and I know a lot people are going to be mad at me but I'm going record saying I believe that she is not a racist. I think people have a tendency of judging others and doing anything they can to latch on to anything that turns into a major controversy when in all honesty this is not anything to call the dogs on. Seriously, rappers both white and black, normal people use the n-word daily. I don't see anyone chastising them for their poor choice in words.

Its funny to me with my people. I am an African American and and I wear my skin color proudly. I know that racism exists and I'm fully aware of the world I live in. But you have to also believe that not everyone in the world is that ignorant to people with different views and looks. We as African Americans are ready to crucify this woman for something that I know for sure we just heard our brothers, sisters, cousins, mother and many others say. Some of us have even called each other the n-word. Variation or no variation (ga or ger) on the end it still means the same thing. We repeat it everyday, in our comedy, in our television programs, in our music, or even just in a passing fancy. Not even just African Americans I know for a fact there are Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian, etc people who have used the n-word but haven't admitted to it and probably never will. I've heard people call asian chinks, hong kong phooey, I've heard caucasians being called hill billy's, red necks, white trash, crackers, honkys, and I've heard Hispanics being called wetbacks, beaner, border hopper, burrito, and the list goes on and on. These are not things that are said by just opposite races but they are said to people about their own race. Its just sad all the way around. Stop being judgmental unless your prepared to crack the hammer on yourself.

*And another thing Wendy Williams if your really about giving your opinion and being straight forward telling like it is then do your research first. If your hot topics team is good enough they would have found the same deposition I found and would have seen that these racist statements are untrue and honestly just a bunch of BS! But your not about giving your opinion your about drama and juicy gossip so I'm not even mad at you for that cause you never claim to be a true source of information. You just deliver the gossip and your opinion on it. So, that is all!

Below is Paula Deen's interview with Matt Lauer. She defended herself adamantly. 

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


Paula I don't believe your a racist. But one thing I agree with Wendy Williams about on this whole story is to end your publicity coverage for this. There is no need for you to be out and about speaking about this anymore. You've done enough. Everything that has been said or said is done and over with. Wash your hands of this and let it go. 

*FYI - Split hairs if you like the n-word is not just used to describe african american people. It can be used to describe anyone. Seriously. Just saying. 


Good Luck, Paula don't worry everything will work out in the end.

Source: SavannahNow.com, HelloBeautiful.com, HuffingtonPost.com & WendyShow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment