It's Big Mouth News Time! So Let's Get Into It....

Here you will find Celebrity stories, Internet aka Viral stories, or just hot button topics in general given with my own brand of wisdom, flavor, and my truth. This is just a written extension of my YouTube channel. BE WARNED: I will not always be nice in my blogs but what I say is my truth and things that need to be said and heard! So Pay Attention People, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...

Thursday, June 6, 2013

R&B Divas Gets L.A. Spin Off!!!!! And the Divas Are.......



So TV1 has had brilliant success with R&B Divas: Atlanta and now they have decided to have a spin off called R&B Divas: LA. The show premieres July 10. Here are the DIVAS:

Claudette Ortiz
Dawn Robinson
Michel'le


Chante Moore

















Lil Mo


















Kelly Price
Apparently Faith Evans is moving to L.A. to push her career beyond just the R&B Divas: Atlanta ladies. This was beginning of the mentioning of R&B Divas: LA. However I believe that this was in talks for a while. Once R&B Divas: Atlanta did well it was only a matter of time before the franchise expanded. (F.Y.I: I have a feeling R&B Divas: New York or Miami will be coming into play within the next 2 years or so. I'm so definitely sold on New York. MARK MY WORDS)

Lil Mo talked to Sister2Sister magazine about being asked about her new ventures and she was very real about it. She told the reporter that she was originally asked to join the show for the Atlanta version and well she thought that she just didn't fit in. She felt that her hip hop background was a little bit too loose for the R&B Divas she would've been paired with. She didn't really feel the vibe with those ladies. She felt the only mainstream artist on the show was Faith Evans which was true. 

But when they decided to expand the R&B Divas franchise to LA which was only natural it was the perfect fit. She felt that she had more in common with this cast versus the Atlanta cast. However since she kind of nit picked with the Atlanta cast I'm going to nit pick with her over the LA cast. Now lets be real the only one on the cast of R&B Divas: LA that has really lasted throughout time is Kelly Price (all though it was a stronghold she jumped from R&B to Gospel then back to R&B). Kelly had recent success with songs like Tired and Not My Daddy feat. Stokley of Mint Condition. Chante Moore was making some small tiny waves with her music but it wasn't big, at least not from my point of view. She went through the rough divorce with Kenny Latimore and now she's ready to break out! With her new stint on Broadway and new album this show just might be what she need. Dawn Robinson left En Vogue and hooked up with Rafael Saadiq and created a small group for a short time and they like 1 or 2 hits but other than that she fell off the scene. Claudette Ortiz the strongest thing she made was Two Wrongs feat Wyclef. Other than that she fell off the scene as well. Michel'le was before my time (her album came out 3 years after I was born) but I believe her hit list was Something in My Heart, No More Lies, and Keep Watchin'. All the music hits chart toppers she had were in 1989. During that time she had children with both Dr. Dre and Suge Knight who she also married and divorced (I know you got that SHOCKED look right?) After that she continued to make music but the music she made wasn't as popular as her first album. Lil Mo was best known for her single Superwoman and for me her single 4 Ever (Love that Song!!!). Personally I associated her with Fabolous ALL TIME because they were always featured on each others albums or singles. I didn't know if they were label mates or what. But anyway after awhile I didn't hear anything about her then about 3 years ago I heard that she had signed a new contract with Cash Money. I thought that was a weird move but whatever floats your boat. That didn't work out in her favor and now she's moving on to Reality TV for a career boost.

Plenty of music careers were boosted by stints on Reality TV: American Idol, The X Factor, America's Got Talent, The Voice, Love & Hip Hop (ATL and NY), and now R&B Divas. Listen I see nothing wrong with these shows some of these ex-artists or re-emerging artists just to find an opening for them to get their foot in the door again. With all the new talent and the constant pushing of people who are already in well established careers (i.e. Rihanna, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown etc.) its hard to push through. Besides these ladies on both versions of R&B Divas are true R&B artists. They are what R&B was about and they could truly and honestly sing.

I hope the show works out for ALL them and really gives them the boost they need. Good Luck ladies I hope this show pushes you all to the level you all deserve!


Source: Sister2SisterMagazine 

No comments:

Post a Comment