It's Big Mouth News Time! So Let's Get Into It....

Here you will find Celebrity stories, Internet aka Viral stories, or just hot button topics in general given with my own brand of wisdom, flavor, and my truth. This is just a written extension of my YouTube channel. BE WARNED: I will not always be nice in my blogs but what I say is my truth and things that need to be said and heard! So Pay Attention People, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Magazine Love: Drake Graces the Cover of XXL's 150th Issue!!!!!! Congrats XXL!


Drake gets the honor of being the cover boy or rather man of XXL's 150th Issue! Big feature if you ask me. There is a pretty interesting interview in the magazine asking Drake questions that have yet to be answered such as the Amanda Bynes obsession, his new album's focus, and everything in-between. Check out a snippet from his 2 hour interview via XXLMag.com:

ON THE NEW ALBUM
I remember coming into this year thinking, “How am I going to cut through all these people and shine?” I’ve never been part of a year when so many legends are dropping projects. How am I going to be seen? I’m going to be like the kid waving in the background in the photo with all of his tall relatives. And, I guess, those were my initial thoughts, and not to say that I haven’t enjoyed some of the stuff that has come out this year, but it didn’t pan out the way I thought it was going to. I think I am going for it, to really establish what are murmurs or things being said quietly, “Um, I think that Drake might actually…” On September 17th I want people to be like, “Oh, we were right.”

ON HIS IMAGE
Do I think that if I didn’t have, for lack of a better term, a unique look about me, if I was from somewhere in America and if I hadn’t been on a kids TV show [Degrassi: The Next Generation], would I be as famous? I don’t know, man. Honestly, I don’t think so. I was just some young kid on a TV show. And I haven’t become anything else while I’ve been in this position. It’s not like I got here and was like, “Oh, got to switch up my image.” I don’t wake up nervous. I feel like maybe a lot of these guys do. How old are you, really? What is your background, really? What have you really done in the drug game, in the thug game?

ON THE COMPETITION
It’s tough for me. That’s a guy I can't pretend not to like. He’s the guy to me, in a lot of ways. That’s Kanye West. But I'm also here to be the best. I’m here to surpass. I’m here to outdo. I’m ready for whatever with anybody.

ON HIS SUCCESS
I get Jewish people coming up to me proud like, “Mazel Tov, bro. Come to my house for Shabbat dinner.”

AMANDA BYNES
I don't even know who that is doing that or what that’s about. If that is her, I guess it’s a little weird and disturbing. It’s obviously a behavioral pattern that is way bigger than me. Whoever is behind it, whether it’s her or somebody else, they know people are paying attention so they keep it going.


I've noticed a change in Drake since he's began his music career. Gradually he's matured and I dig that. There is a difference in his demeanor and how he presents himself. He's grown tremendously and I'm glad. 

Congratulations Drake on the magazine cover and the indefinite success of your album, Nothing Was The Same (Young Money/Cash Money/Universal) set for a September 17 release!

Check out his recent single Hold On, We're Going Home!



Source: XXLMag & SoundCloud

No comments:

Post a Comment