It's Big Mouth News Time! So Let's Get Into It....

Here you will find Celebrity stories, Internet aka Viral stories, or just hot button topics in general given with my own brand of wisdom, flavor, and my truth. This is just a written extension of my YouTube channel. BE WARNED: I will not always be nice in my blogs but what I say is my truth and things that need to be said and heard! So Pay Attention People, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...

Saturday, January 11, 2014

SMDH! BET v. B. Scott Takes Shocking Turn. New Documents Reveal BETs True Feelings of B.Scott's Attire at the 2013 BET Awards.


*Correction: Earlier release of this story stated B. Scott was on CNN when in fact he was on MSNBC*

So, last year during the Red Carpet of the BET Awards B. Scott was hired as a Style Stage Correspondent and during the broadcast was asked the change his attire because it was too feminine and they wanted him to look more masculine. B. Scott was offended but ultimately obliged the network and changed his attire. But he never returned to the broadcast and situation was swept under the rug.

B. Scott decided that action needed to be taken and filed a lawsuit against BET for discrimination on the grounds of gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.

Now months after the lawsuit was filed and even a television appearance on MSNBC by B. Scott and his lawyer, the gossip mecca of the world TMZ has acquired  proof that B. Scott was discriminated against and then they tried to cover it up with a spin story. Now their entire email correspondence has been "mysteriously" leaked. Check it out MSNBC Interview and the BET Emails:





Here's What Some of the Excerpts Said:
Before the Awards Show, BET music programming president wrote in an email: "I don't want 'looking like a woman B Scott.' I want tempered B Scott." Afterward, BET executives reportedly wanted to spin the incident to avoid a public relations nightmare.
"The spin should be he was late for a live show and subsequently replaced and it would have been awkward in a live show to have the person assuming his role removed and him inserted,"
"Unless we can make public the reason we didn't want him dressed the way he normally does, I would stay away from suits, suit selections, etc."
B. Scott released a statement via his blog:
"The leaked email exchange between BET/Viacom personnel is both shocking, and hurtful," he wrote. "While I’m disheartened by the blatant and intentional attempt to stifle my gender identity/expression way before the day of the event, I’m also thankful that the truth is starting to surface."
"It’s a shame that a company such as BET/Viacom would rather focus energy towards slandering my reputation in an attempt to further humiliate me instead of learning from their mistakes," he continued. "The time & energy spent creating a ‘spin’ could have more effectively been used to help create a more welcoming environment for LGBTQ employees."
BET responded to the Lawsuit B. Scott has filed against them:
"This claim has no merit and we are confident in our case," she told The Huffington Post. "We provided direction [to B. Scott] no different than other talent in similar    circumstances."





I can be the first to admit that there are a lot things about the LGBTQ community that I do not know or understand. I try hard to be tolerant of other people and their struggles. And I am more than willing to sit down with someone from the community and understand exactly what is going on. So that I am not ignorant and more tolerant of other people and their personal lives.

I actually love B. Scott. I think he's beautiful and extremely awesome with his hair and fashion. I got introduced to him through YouTube. I watched some of his videos and now he's a big Correspondent for many media outlets including his own blog. He's comparable to Perez Hilton (whom I don't care for at all). Anyhow B. Scott identifies himself as a transgender person. I learn new things everyday and I can identify with being judged for something that is out of my control. Something like my sexual orientation, skin color, looks, etc. I do understand it in that regard.

Here's my thing the BET executives knew B. Scott dressed in an androgynous fashion. So if you didn't want that on the air why hire him? I find that very strange. You knew exactly how he was, how he dressed and how he presented himself. So why try to change and stifle him?



I think BET should've issued a public apology to B. Scott immediately. They should've also allowed him to stay on air as he was with his tunic and heels. And then if they decided to never use him again that's their prerogative. But at least they would not have offended anyone for how they look, dress, or live. But now because of their ignorance and negligence they have a lawsuit of $2.5 Million. I hope that it doesn't go into the court room and they can settle. BET is already on its last leg in my opinion. Changing from a music network rival of MTV to a media rival of MTV. Their programming is okay but it can be better. They are so "hood" in terms of the awards show production (what do I mean by hood, well they have no fluidity to their award shows, they always appear to be thrown together at the last minute, and something is always a miss at their shows like they missed something during rehearsals.) It's not worth watching sometimes.

Anyway its sad when people are discriminated against because of their gender or sexual orientation. Here's my philosophy: Do what makes you happy. You only get one life, why not live it to the MAX! God is love and he loves all his children. People always want to quote the Bible and get all high on their mighty horse. But the Bible also says do not judge, do not commit adultery, do not steal, etc. We commit these offenses every single day. Just let these people be. They need to feel loved and accepted and the only way they could was to create their own world, their own society. Doesn't that seem wrong to you? I can accept anyone for who they are. I'll admit I have in the past been ignorant and crass to other peoples lifestyles but I've learned from my mistakes and changed my ways. I've been in that situation where I was judged, bullied, and put down for the choices and non choices in my life. I just don't want to feel that way and I would never want someone else to feel that way either. So just let LGBTQ community live their lives and allow them to express themselves however they see fit. As long they are tasteful and respectable I see no harm in it.



Source: TMZ & Huffingtonpost

No comments:

Post a Comment