It's Big Mouth News Time! So Let's Get Into It....

Here you will find Celebrity stories, Internet aka Viral stories, or just hot button topics in general given with my own brand of wisdom, flavor, and my truth. This is just a written extension of my YouTube channel. BE WARNED: I will not always be nice in my blogs but what I say is my truth and things that need to be said and heard! So Pay Attention People, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Magazine Love: Congrats Kendrick! Kendrick Lamar Has Been Named GQ's Rapper of the Year! A Well Deserved Accolade!!!


Kendrick Lamar is arguably the number one rapper in the world right now. His album good kid, m.A.A.d city one of the top hip hop albums of the year and is a sure fire grammy contender. If he isn't overshadowing someone as a feature on their song, he's putting out his own music that literally stomps on the competition. Kendrick Lamar is a breath of fresh air on the hip hop scene. His music is new and different with an added reminder of old school rap. As a major fan of Kendrick Lamar I can say that I love his music and I'm glad that he received the rapper of the year award from GQ. 


In this GQ magazine article written by Mr. Steve Marsh (@stephenhero) he explains how Kendrick had scheduled an interview with him for a different time but it was thwarted by Kendrick. No one could reach him. Kendrick recently lost a friend that he considered a brother (I send my deepest and sincerest apologies for your loss, Kendrick and my condolences go out to the family for their loss.) in a drive by shooting not far from his childhood home. It devastated him and needed a moment to himself so he went AWOL. No phones, no nothing just time to himself. So the interview was moved to the jet where was he flying to New York fashion week to perform. Read the article its a really good read into the insight of Kendrick Lamar and how he operates, here's the link: GQ Magazine.


In the article Kendrick seems unphased by the glitz and glamour of his lifestyle and his career. They discussed everything from the growing popularity of his hit album good kid, m.A.A.d city to his one sided beef with Drake. All in all Kendrick is just a nerdy kid from Compton. Thrust into a world in which he fully understands has temptation at every corner, to which he CHOOSES to not partake in. I respect Kendrick for that!

So long story short Big Ups to Kendrick on his GQ accolade as Rapper of the Year and I hope this is the start of many awards coming your way. Can't wait for the next album and again Congrats!



Check Mr. Lamar's photoshoot:














Souree: GQ

No comments:

Post a Comment