It's Big Mouth News Time! So Let's Get Into It....

Here you will find Celebrity stories, Internet aka Viral stories, or just hot button topics in general given with my own brand of wisdom, flavor, and my truth. This is just a written extension of my YouTube channel. BE WARNED: I will not always be nice in my blogs but what I say is my truth and things that need to be said and heard! So Pay Attention People, I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY...

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Say it GIRL! Jennifer Lawrence Speaks Her Mind on Body Image, Sexualization and Bullying in Hollywood.




Jennifer Lawrence one of my favorite actresses. I love her strong attitude and her normal outlook on life. She's not phased by the glitz and glamour and you gotta love that about her. She has been in the news lately because of some of the things has to say about the evils of Hollywood. Jennifer is on tour doing promotional appearances and premiering Catching Fire the second installment to the box office smash The Hunger Games. Recently she sat down with the BBC's News and gave in depth interview with Zoe Conway about some of the issues plaguing Hollywood here are some of the quotes of what she said:

When asked about the sexualization of young women like Miley Cyrus in Hollywood she responded:
“It is a part of the entertainment industry that sells."
"For some disgusting reason, young sex sells even more. It's not really something that I worry about because I feel like everybody's kind of got their own path."
"They have their own way of finding themselves and for some people that's how they feel best, that's how they feel sexy, that's how they want to perform.
Moving on to her role as Katniss and how she realizes she's a role model to many young girls:
"Growing up I didn't have a female hero the way that Katniss is, I think she's a wonderful role model for young girls. I'm happy that they have a character like that."
Read more: NyDailyNews



Yasss Jennifer, Preach!!!!


I love that Jennifer Lawrence speaks her mind. She's not afraid to be real and that's a rare trait in an actor from Hollywood. They live their lives in superficiality and the magnitude of their reach to kids and young adults is astounding! She is the real deal. I appreciate her ability to refuse to slim down to Hollywood standards and just be herself. I appreciate her refusal to exploit herself to be famous. And I appreciate her honesty about shows that criticize and basically bash people who don't live up to the fashionable standards of some people. I admire her for her brutal honesty and strength to say what she wants when she wants.

Now that was said Wendy Williams has reported that Joan Rivers has a problems with Jennifer's honesty. Sending out Tweets (typical response nowadays) basically calling her a hypocrite and making fun her falling at the academy awards when she accepted her Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook. Here's what she said via Twitter:


See this is where Joan Rivers stupidity comes into play. Shows like Fashion Police and Fashion Queens are cool they are funny sometimes and they do have some fashion faux pas that need to be voiced. BUT, Celebrities are constantly being critiqued on their looks and style. Its been done since movies have become mainstream. The mean and cruelty comes into play when you start calling people fat and disrespectful terms like that. Joan Rivers knows she can be a real bitch and its not like everyone doesn't know that. What kills me is that she decided to resort to something childish like go to twitter to voice disdain for what Jennifer said. Instead of being the OLD, GROWN ASS Woman she is SUPPOSED to be and talk to Jennifer face to face or just respond via her talk show she goes for the jugular and taunts Jennifer about her fall on the Academy Awards. SMDH! Anyway Joan is too old for that, comedian or not.

Also I believe Jennifer's views on Miley Cyrus are dead on. I have said this before and I'll say it again. I like Miley's music. She's got a long career ahead of her. But I will never pay money to see her in concert and I don't need to watch her performances on shows and anything else. They are simply to grab attention. From the way she dresses to her constant twerking. I just don't care about any of it. I am not as enamored with her antics as everyone else. The shock factor wore off awhile ago actually it wore off right after the Wrecking Ball video was released. I don't plan on blogging about her anymore beyond this little snippet. I refuse to be a party of the media circus that is surrounding her and feed into the idiotic nature of her image. Because Miley Cyrus already was a big deal as a Disney kid. There were plenty of other Disney stars that didn't strip down like she did but still made the transition into adult Hollywood successfully e.g. Selena Gomez, Zac Efron, Raven Symone, Justin Timberlake, to name a few. They are ALL successful in their own right. And they've mastered being sex symbols without going full on nudity in the process. Now I understand that the controversy is that she's naked again in Future's new music video. I don't care. If that's what wants to do then so be it. I'm not going to watch the video because I really don't want to see Miley's naked body on screen again. I got enough of that in Wrecking Ball. And that's not a dig that's the truth.

Jennifer Lawrence simply made a point, that sexualization in this country and around the world is running rampant. And its not just celebrities either. Sex = $ its unfortunate but true. Kids, teens and young adults alike are all over Facebook showing their bodies and being bullied for it. Teens are killing themselves at an alarming rate nowadays over nearly naked photos, topless photos, and everything in between that is being shopped around. Usually this is done without their knowledge and consent. And because the Internet is forever there is nothing you can do to stop it. Sad, but true! Jennifer is a true inspiration and I like the fact that she's speaking out.

Jennifer's the brutal with her words sometimes and I love her for it!

Source: BBCNews & NyDailyNews

No comments:

Post a Comment